Julie Moenck

Card making, home decorating and an occasional random musing.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Paper Pumpkins

Last Saturday we attended the annual Anderson Family Chili Feed in our little cul de sac. Andersons make the chili, the guests supply potluck and drinks. (This is starting to sound like another food post, but it's not...mainly because I don't have pictures of my neighborhood-fave deviled eggs. Maybe another time.)

So, since I don't have photos of the food, we'll go back to calling this a craft blog. I made the little pumpkins below, one for me, one for Barb, our Chili Feed hostess-with-the-mostess.


I used eight strips of Peach Parfait cardstock, four from the In Color Series Paper Pack hostess item, and four from the regular cardstock. The strips from the paper pack have a subtle dot pattern to add interest, but you can't really see it in the photo.

The strips are 1.5" x 6", held together at top and bottom by a brad. The stem is five Old Olive buttons (retired) held together by mini glue dots and mini glue-dotted to top of the pumpkin. I also stamped the leaves from the retired Sage Advice stamp set (I don't have ANY leaf stamps or dies!!!), and cut them out by hand. I'm going to order something leafy soon, I promise!

I'm trying to think of what other shapes or items I could make using this technique. Christmas ornaments? What else? Any ideas?

Thanks for reading!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment