Julie Moenck

Card making, home decorating and an occasional random musing.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Magnetic Christmas

October flew by! I was busy with two stamping workshops, attending a regional meeting in Des Moines (where I had one of the workshops at my BFF Sarah's house), and a special 10-10-10 event. On 10-10-10 (October 10, 2010), Heidi and I hosted 15 of our fellow stampers at an event where everyone made 10 projects in under 10 minutes each for a $10 fee. It was a hit!

One of the projects (well, actually two) was this cute magnet and matchstick box.


The magnet uses the snowman image from Jolly Old St. Nick, which is a limited-edition set in the Stampin' Up! Holiday Mini Catalog. I stamped him on Whisper White cardstock, colored him with blender pens and Real Red and Basic Black ink, and then punched him out with a 1-inch circle punch. I put Stampin' Up!'s two-way glue on the back of a clear stone from a mega-pack from dollar store, then stuck the punched-out snowman on it. Then, a small magnet from the craft store is glued to the back of the paper. That glue is amazing! It holds up the stone and the magnet, no problem!

The little box is the matchstick box die used with the Big Shot die-cutting machine. I used Crumb Cake and Whisper White cardstock, then decorated it with Marina Mist ink the the snowflake background stamp, again from the Jolly Old St. Nick set.

I think I'm going to make a little pile of these for stocking stuffers. So...if you're expecting Christmas trinkets from me, pretend you didn't just read that!

I hope everyone got out and voted tonight! And if you're here in Minnesota, you have another hour to get 'er done. Get going!

Thanks for reading,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment