Julie Moenck

Card making, home decorating and an occasional random musing.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Birthday Card(ed) in Vegas

Hey all! So, I'm trying to stick with the Wheel of Fortune "Before and After" theme. We'll see how long it goes/how clever I am. Today, I've got a birthday card to show you, and then a few pictures from Vegas...where yes, I was carded. But it was at the airport. For my boarding pass.

For the card-making part of the presentation, here's a summery greeting using some brand-new items in the 2011-2012 Stampin' Up! Idea Book & Catalog.

The stamp sets are Pennant Parade, from the Idea Book & Catalog, and Swirls & Curls Verses, the hostess set from the 2011 Summer Mini catalog (see the link on the right--only available through August 31!).

The colors are Calypso Coral and Wisteria Wonder--new 2011-2012 "In Colors"--and Certainly Celery and So Saffron from the core colors in the big book. Some designer series patterned paper, baker's twine and basic jewels-pearls round out the look. I made this at a recent workshop, and it was a hit! If you'd like to make something like this in your home with your friends, let me know!

And now...here's some of what my DH and I (okay, and my BFF and her hubs) call "The Vegas." I tagged along on a work trip for DH...all the fun of The Vegas and no work! What's not to love? Except the slot machines, most of which didn't love me, even though I kept going back for more!



Love the water show at Bellagio! I was playing with the "guide" mode on my Nikon D3100, which set itself to take "moving water" pictures. I think it did an awesome job!

Here is DH, looking all official on the phone. If you remember the post about winter activities, yes, this is the same man who smokes meat when it's below zero in Minnesota in the winter!

And a final, parting shot. Oh, The Vegas, I love you...even though you take all my money in slot machines and shopping!

Thanks for stopping,
Julie

PS: I was not compensated for mentioning the D3100...I just really love it!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Julie. Great Pennant card! Very cheery and bright. Looks like you had a great time in Vegas. Those water shots are really something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! Sounds like you enjoyed your trip!
    (I've a little camera that has to do everything for itself...or it doesn't get done!) Ha! Ha!
    (Following your blog now!)
    Visit me at: www.Avenue of Art.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you card. We will be in Vegas the beginning of December. Hope you had tons of fun.

    ReplyDelete