Julie Moenck

Card making, home decorating and an occasional random musing.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

The one about the man's tie and the wedding card

One day, I was sitting in a meeting (remember, day job in PR) and rather than focusing on the topic at hand, I began focusing on the speaker's tie. A beautiful tie is was. Black with a gold background pattern and a stunning ivory calla lily as the focal point. I thought, "I could totally turn that into a card!" I snapped back to the present, hastily scribbled "black background, gold, ivory lily" in the corner of my notepad, like I just had a brilliant thought about the current discussion, and got back into the meeting.

I got home that night and went right to work! What came out of a couple design experiments is this card.

The Medallion background stamp was inked with Encore metallic gold (no longer sold by Stampin' Up!, but I made this card in early June), and a similar effect could be found using Champagne Mist shimmer paint or embossing the image with gold embossing powder. I embossed the rose from Fifth Avenue Floral set using VersaMark ink and gold embossing powder. The ribbon is the retired 5/8" ivory organza (current substitute: 5/8" organza ribbon in Whisper White or 5/8" satin ribbon in Very Vanilla). "For the Newlyweds" sentiments is from Teeny Tiny Wishes set stamped in Elegant Eggplant classic ink, and it's punched with the Word Window and layered on Elegant Eggplant cut with the Modern Label Punch.

Supplies (all SU!)
Stamp sets: Fifth Avenue Floral, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Elegant Eggplant
Ink: Encore Gold Metallic ink, VersaMark, Elegant Eggplant
Embellishments: Gold embossing powder, 5/8" ivory organza ribbon (retired SU!), Word Window and Modern Label punches

Enjoy your Saturday! I'm excited to go to this wedding, and I always manage to get nostalgic about my own wedding day nearly eight years ago as I watch the ceremony. I love weddings!

Thanks for reading,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment