Julie Moenck

Card making, home decorating and an occasional random musing.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

The one about the 4th of July, the open house, and the painting project

Happy 4th of July! As we celebrate our country’s independence, let’s remember to give thanks for those who continue to keep our country free, including my husband’s cousin and uncle. Both have served tours in Iraq, and his cousin is set to deploy for a second time later this year. I’m interested in learning more about the efforts to send cards to soldiers…if you have information, please e-mail me or leave a comment below!

And, on this long weekend (my day job is in public relations for a major medical center), I’ve been busy getting my legs under me for my new Stampin’ Up! business AND painting the master bathroom. Pictures of the painting project to come later. For now, take a look at this invitation I prepared for my very first open house, to be held at my home on July 18.

The background is tone-on-tone stamped with the rose stamp from Fifth Avenue Floral, Going Gray classic ink on Going Gray cardstock. The details part is printed from my computer on Whisper White cardstock, then the lily from the same set is stamped in Perfect Plum classic ink in the white space. I finished it off by using the Scallop Trim punch, adhering the front piece to the background, and tying on a length of the new 1/8" black satin ribbon.


Supplies (all supplies Stampin' Up!)
Stamp Set: Fifth Avenue Floral
Paper: Basic Gray, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Gray, Perfect Plum
Embellishment: 1/8” Black Satin Ribbon, Scallop Trim Border punch

I need to get working on making samples and preparing the make-n-take!

Thanks for reading,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment