Julie Moenck

Card making, home decorating and an occasional random musing.

Friday, November 16, 2012

Gingerbread Cheer

I'm planning my Christmas baking. Well, mostly I'm imagining it in my mind. I've taken one concrete step: I ordered these gel food colors and meringue powder, two important ingredients for decorating beautiful sugar cookie cut-outs. Actually, in that picture, I didn't use the gel colors, so here's to hoping the photos I post in a couple weeks have even better looking frosting!

Well, since the cut-outs aren't cut out yet, I thought this cute card would make an acceptable substitute.

The stamp set "Scentsational Season" includes this image of the gingerbread man (obviously, I stamped two images here), as well as a cup of hot cocoa, a Christmas tree, and a candy cane...all the stamps you'd need to make a pile of holiday (paper) treats!

This card also uses Whisper White and Cherry Cobbler card stock, Soft Suede classic ink, Designer Series Paper from the Festival of Prints paper stack in the Holiday Catalog, Basic Jewels - pearls (color them with a Sharpie!), and Adorning Accents Edgelits.

That's what I've got for tonight...oh, and in case you're wondering, tonight my husband is watching UFC Ultimate Fighter. Are you sensing a theme for when I retire to the craft studio to create or blog? ;)

Thanks for stopping!
Julie

1 comment:

  1. Really cute card. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Hope you have a happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete