Julie Moenck

Card making, home decorating and an occasional random musing.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Circus, Anyone?

Doesn't life just feel like a circus sometimes? I can't say it happens to me often, as I only have to try to keep track of myself and my husband (no kids, no pets), but every so often, things just seem to go a little crazy.

Maybe that's why I was drawn to the Stampin' Up! set, Circle Circus, recently for a couple different cards. The first was "commissioned" (ooh, doesn't that make me sound like a fancy artist?) by a coworker. It was for some special teenagers in her life, so I went for a trendy combo of colors, and well, just went a little crazy.


I used Marina Mist card stock for the card base, then layers of Early Espresso and Pumpkin Pie (scrumptious, almost). The green accents are Old Olive, and the Classic Ink colors are all coordinating with the paper.

The next one was just to say hello to a special little guy and his parents. I thought primary colors were cute for a little boy, so I dug into Pacific Point, Real Red and Daffodil Delight card stock. Again, the ink is all coordinating, and the ribbon is Real Red 1/4" grosgrain. The cute border is the Scallop Edge Border punch.


It's still Sale-A-Bration time at Stampin' Up!, which means for every $50 order, you get to choose a free, exclusive stamp set! Sale-A-Bration lasts through March 31, so you've got time to host a workshop or place an order. Contact me to learn more!

Have a great Sunday night!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment