Julie Moenck

Card making, home decorating and an occasional random musing.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Evergreen + Shimmer Paint

Every Tuesday, even though we now have DVR (hey, it just took us about ten years to join the party), my husband and I sit down to watch Sons of Anarchy. I love this show, I really do. The characters are deep and conflicted and interesting - just what any English lit major would want, right? But I can't watch most of it. It gets violent. I watched seasons of The Sopranos just fine, but Sons? I end up leaving the room to write a blog post, going back out to find out what happened at a commercial break (nevermind the DVR), and getting an eye roll from the hubs because I "should just stay and watch the show!"

Well, since I had to retire early from the viewing party, I thought I'd showcase this card I shared last month at our Stampin' Up! team gathering. I used the Evergreen stamp set from the Holiday Catalog; Certainly Celery, Almost Artichoke and Crumb Cake card stock; Almost Artichoke classic ink; a glimmer brad from the basics collection; the Woodgrain embossing folder; platinum shimmer paint and a sponge dauber.


The Evergreen set is a Two-Step Stampin' (c) set, which means it has base images and outline/overlay images. See in the photo below how the platinum shimmer paint, when daubed on the outline stamp, creates a subtle shimmer and dimension for the card? I love a little sparkle for the holidays!


I think Sons is over now, so I'm going to return the living room, get the update and eye roll, and try to steel my nerves for next week so maybe I can watch the entire hour.

Thanks for stopping by!

Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment